2020-01-27

Tabing Ilog Marathon: Foreword (chos). Post #1

I have always declared my love for Tabing Ilog. It's supposed to be the Filipino version of Dawson's Creek, but since I never really followed DC, Tabing Ilog is its own entity for me. It started in 1999 and showed every Sunday from 2:30 to 4:00 in the afternoon. Unless something really important came up, that time is usually blocked to watch the show. So if I gave my Sunday to you, you must have been important. Hehehe! I was just wrapped up with the crazy drama among their barkada.

What started out as high school relationships (friendship, romance, family) grew to be complicated, with their little rustic Tabing Ilog world growing as new characters got introduced. I mean, Rovic must have married at least twice. James got involved with all girls of their barkada, except Eds. Oliver, the character Eds married, made me also rethink that the Eds and Rovic romance. The interwebbing of relationships made the show sometimes feel like a less sexual but equally complicated Melrose Place.

When I started work that entailed much travel, I had less time to watch the series though I still tried to catch it as much as I can. But I never really got to see how it ended. The last I remember was Rovic had to take care of his wife who had cancer. That wife was not Eds. So I'm not even sure if those two really got together. Who did James finally end up with? I was rooting for George. Did Fonzy get his act together? What happened to my favorite friend Badong? No idea.

Years and years, I waited for a DVD release. I was willing to invest. But how do you DVD 4 years worth of 45 minute episodes?

Last week, I found out that Tabing Ilog was going to be a musical. In the article, it mentioned that the whole series was on iWant. So over the weekend, I downloaded iWant and checked. THERE IT IS! 94 episodes of 45 minutes each. Intense! Gah. But yes, I decided to waste my precious extra time for this show. To have answers to my years of wondering on how the show finally concluded itself.

Yesterday, I finished until episode 7. 87 frakkin' episodes to go. Gah.

And because I just have to comment on things, I decided to blog on it when I can. Because wala lang. Masaya. Mababaw. Masaya magsulat ng kababawan.

Sisid na tayo sa Tabing Ilog!

0 comments: